For more than 5 decades Electrosteel has made a name for itself in manufacturing Steel Spun pipes which are used for Civilian Water works across the country. Electrosteel was born in as 'Dalmia Iron and Steel Ltd.' in 1955, at Khardah near Kolkata, which later on became Electrosteel castings Ltd. In 1959 the Cast iron spun pipe plant started at Khardah. In 1982 Electrosteel acquired Shakti pipes at Elavur near Chennai to augment Cast Iron spun pipe production capacity.
- Commissioned fourth coke oven battery resulting in additional capacity of 70,000 TPA of coke, taking the total capacity enhanced to 280,000 TPA and 250,000 TPA respectively.
- Tied up US$ 77.50 mn through ECB, commissioned 360,000 TPA sinter plant at Khardah and commissioned a 75,000 TPA coke oven battery at Haldia.
- Implemented SAP ERP system hosted in state-of-the-art 1000 square feet Data Center connecting all manufacturing plants and sales offices across Indian Geography, supporting 350 user base to enable supply chain of the Company.
- The Company increased its Dl pipe manufacturing capacity from 2,00,000 TPA to 2,50,000 TPA and commissioned Coke Oven Plant at Haldia. The Company commissioned 12 MW Power Plant & 30,000 TPA second Kiln Sponge Iron Plant at Haldia. Mini Blast Furnace capacity increased from 2,00,000 TPA to 2,35,000 TPA. The Company successfully commissioned Pulverized Coal Injection System in Blast Furnace and Stamp Charging System in Coke Oven Plant at Haldia, which enhanced operational efficiency. We have been allotted an Iron ore mine at Kodolibad, Jharkhand and a non-coking coal mine in joint venture at North Dhadhu.
- The Company raised USD 40 Million through the issue of Global Depository Receipts (GDRs) in October 2005 and became the first Indian Company to be listed on Professional Securities Market (PSM) of the London Stock Exchange (LSE) in addition to being the first Company to issue GDRs on the PSM. The Company was accorded Three Star Export House by the JDGFT, Ministry of Commerce and Industry of the Government of India.
- Coke oven plant commissioned at Haldia for production.
- The Company increased its Dl pipe manufacturing capacity from 1,50,000 TPA to 200,000 TPA. The Company also received BSI Kitemark license for Dl Fittings at Khardah works, West Bengal.
- DI fitting shop setup
- The Company acquired 46% stake in Lanco Industries Limited in March 2002, which is involved in manufacturing of DI Pipes, Pig Iron, Cement and Castings.
- The Company scaled its Dl pipe capacity from 120,000 TPA to 150,000 TPA. Mini Blast Furnace capacity increased from 1,09,000 TPA to 2,00,000 TPA.
- The Company increased its capacity to 120,000 TPA for Dl pipes. The Company obtained Kitemark license from BSI, UK for Dl fittings made at its facilities in Elavur, Chennai as per ISO 2531, BS EN 545, and BS EN 598.
- The Company received the ISO-9002 accreditation from BSI for Dl pipes and fittings.
- The Company obtained Kitemark license from British Standard Institute (BSI) for its Dl pipes as per ISO 2531, BS EN 545, BS EN 598.The Company commissioned its own mini-blast furnace with matching capacity for better quality control.
- Accredited with ISO 9002 from Indian Register Quality System, an accredited body of Raad Voor de Certificate of Netherlands, for our ductile Iron pipes.
- Set up 60000 TPA Ductile Iron Pipe Plant at Khardah near Kolkata, the first ever in India
- CL acquired Sakti Pipes Ltd at Elavur, Chennai
- Commenced production of Steel Castings and Cast Iron (CI) Pipes.
- Electrosteel founded under the name "Dalmia Iron and Steel Ltd."